- Location: Unit 2b Hylton Park, Sunderland
- Permanent, full time
- Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Salary: Competitive + benefits available upon request
Franks Portlock is a UKAS accredited, leading asbestos consultancy company, specialising in asbestos and environmental testing, asbestos surveys, and consultancy. We have a decade of experience in asbestos surveying, sample analysis, air testing, four stage clearance testing, and have expanded rapidly over the past few years.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications.
The role itself
The purpose of the Administrator role is to assist the Regional Manager in the ongoing growth of the business and so should support them in the running of the office, delivering excellent customer service to clients and producing client reports within the appropriate timescales.
The role will involve:
- Receptionist duties; Being the first point of contact for customer enquires; aiming to deliver excellent customer service while resolving queries in a timely manner
- Scheduling and arranging appointments by liaising with clients
- Logging customer enquiries to the inhouse system
- Supporting the Regional Manager in scheduling works for Asbestos Analysts and Surveyors to complete on a daily basis
- Completing and sending asbestos reports (training provided)
- Creating letters and communication materials and sending to clients
- Completing daily reports
- Using a variety of software packages such as: in house databases, Microsoft word, excel and outlook to produce correspondence and documents and maintain records
- Filing, photocopying, scanning
- Ordering and maintaining stationery, consumables and office equipment and distribution of such items
- Organise accommodation arrangements
- On occasion to book bulk samples in for testing for analytical laboratory
- Any ad-hoc duties
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within an office or administrative role is essential.
- Experience in customer service, constructing reports, booking appointments, managing diaries and scheduling is expected. Experience with CAD would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of an administrative role and supporting a manager
- Knowledge of the asbestos industry would be beneficial but not essential
As an Administrator you will have:
- Good team work skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Focused on completing and finishing projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A flexible approach to work
- A positive, flexible and adaptable approach to changing job role
- Good knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office systems
Apply today by emailing your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to make sure you don’t miss this great opportunity!