Franks Portlock is a UKAS accredited, leading asbestos consultancy company, specialising in asbestos and environmental testing, asbestos surveys, and consultancy. We have a decade of experience in asbestos surveying, sample analysis, air testing, four stage clearance testing, and have expanded rapidly over the past few years.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications.
Reports to: Operations Manager
The main purpose of the Regional Manager is to ensure a high standard of service delivery with regards output from the Regional office with regard existing clients and to be at the heart of further business development regionally and within the company as a whole.
Responsible for managing the staff working from the Regional Office and equipment used in the delivery of our services.
- Responsibility to ensure that ensure financial performance is in line with KPI’s
- Assist the Operations Manager in developing and enhancing business opportunities in the region as well as developing a network
- Build brand awareness via social media and networking events
- Develop client relationships and manage existing clients with care
- Participate in and drive company local/national CSR initiatives
- Effectively manage a team including monitoring performance and development
- Ensure high quality delivery of service to all clients • Innovative improvement of current systems to increase efficiency
- Initiate contact with clients and increase sales • Be able to present formal training and seminars, internally and externally, as required.
- Work with the Operations Manager to assess, monitor and improve contract delivery performance
- Working alongside the Quality Manager; to ensure regional compliance with all SHEQ related tasks and continuous improvement in accordance with the requirements of our UKAS accreditation and other management system or certifications as necessary
- Work with our HR department in ensuring all related matters are managed to a high standard
- Audits & Appraisals
- To ensure site based and administrative duties within the office are completed within KPIs, calling on other regional and head office resources as required
- Effectively delegate and ensure management of equipment
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the Operations Manager with regard financial information, operational issues and business development
- Routine team and management meetings
- Work with the Technical and Quality Managers in delivering effective SHEQ training and updates.
- Management of staff including initial disputes, holidays and timesheet
- Compile and prepare quotations for client issue and ensure project staff are aware of the project brief.
- Review the project as required and be available to check and approve project documentation prior to issue.Ensure that the technical requirements of the project are met in the most economical manner
- Return to work interviews
- Work on behalf of Franks Portlock to improve company performance
- To carry out any other duties required as part of the overall strategy to achieve the company’s objectives
- Work with Senior Management to implement change where required, internally and from client specifications
- Provide and present monthly operations reports
- Attend and present at management meetings
Key Results / Objectives:
- To increase the business turnover in the region annually in accordance with financial KPI’s established by Directors
- Client Relationship
- Staff management
Skills and Abilities:
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills (primarily Microsoft Office applications).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Sound problem solving abilities and resilience.
- Willingness to continuously improve and learn (CPD)
- Proven experience of 5 years in all areas of asbestos consultancy, inspection and testing. Soils inspection, analysis and remediation experience desirable.
- Previous office and contract management experience in a similar role essential.
- Experience of working in a commercial capacity as a company advocate and representative at corporate events.
- Pricing and specifying works in all sectors.
- S301/W504 with certificate of competence (or demonstrably working towards if not) or be willing to work towards this. P402, P403, P404, P405 are the minimum qualifications required in lieu of the above.
- Management (or similar training) and qualifications.
To apply for either position, please send a covering letter explaining why you are the right fit for our company, an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as the position you’re applying for.