Asbestos Awareness Training
Asbestos awareness training, for those to whom it applies, is a mandatory requirement outlined by the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. Examples of those who may come into contact with asbestos include: anyone who may disturb the fabric of buildings, people who work on contaminated land and anyone maintaining a building that may be affected by asbestos use.
Our UKATA certified asbestos awareness training courses are comprehensive and fully compliant with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. The half-day training session will provide you with:
- An increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health.
- An understanding of the key aspects of asbestos regulation.
- Knowledge of how to use appropriate workplace precautions and undertake work activities in a safe manner.
- Information on the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and where appropriate items of plant.
- And much more.
Delegates who are successful will receive a UKATA Certificate of Training which is valid for one year. All UKATA certificates are traceable via the online certificate validation tool.
Our flexible approach means we are able to add supplementary elements to the training if required, making it relevant to your circumstances – that can mean supporting you in working with different types of asbestos, or honing training to the particular maintenance work you may be carrying out.
Legionella Awareness Training
The objective of Legionella awareness training is to educate attendees to understand the fundamentals in assessing and controlling the Legionella bacteria, including the legal requirements in accordance with HSE legislation and guidance.
During the half-day training session, the following modules are delivered:
- Introduction – What is Legionella?
- History of Legionellosis
- Route of infection
- The Causative Chain
- Assessing the risk
- Legislation and control measures
- Exam (26 open book questions)
There is a pass criterion of 80% and a certificate is issued to all candidates achieving a pass rate of 80% or more.