Franks Portlock is a UKAS accredited, leading asbestos consultancy company, specialising in asbestos and environmental testing, asbestos surveys, and consultancy. We have a decade of experience in asbestos surveying, sample analysis, air testing, four stage clearance testing, and have expanded rapidly over the past few years.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications.
Due to an exciting time of business development we currently have three positions available at Franks Portlock:
- Bulk Analyst to join our Sunderland team
- Bulk Analyst to join our Rosyth team
The role itself
The purpose of the Bulk Analyst is to undertake analysis of materials for the identification of asbestos fibres.
The role will involve the following in line with inhouse procedures:
- Analysing bulk materials for asbestos content
- Managing workload throughout the working day
- Completing internal and external QC
- Filling in the workbook daily of samples that have been entered and sent out
- Following technical procedures
- Managing laboratory workload; including booking samples into the inhouse system
- Upholding good communication with colleagues
Essential qualifications and experience:
P401 qualification is essential
3 months laboratory-based experience or knowledge of the asbestos industry is essential
A full UK driving licence
As a Bulk Analyst, you will have…
- Good communication skills
- The ability to focus for long periods of time
- The ability to meet timescales
- The capacity to avoid being easily distracted
- The ability to work alone without supervision within a laboratory environment
- Excellent attention to detail
Apply today by emailing your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to make sure you don’t miss this great opportunity!